Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is getting your hair colored at expensive salon actually any better?

than at a cheaper salon?Is getting your hair colored at expensive salon actually any better?
I personally feel that it is a matter of the person who is coloring your hair and cutting your hair for you. I think that expensive salons offer a little more personal treatment to you, but a standard less expensive salon can do just as well with your hair if you get a stylist who knows what they are doing. I think it is easier to establish a relationship with a stylist at a more expensive salon because they typically do not have high turnover rates like cheaper places do. I feel that the less expensive salons help new stylists to get out and about, so they have high turnover rates. But again, you could find someone great who really knows what they are doing at either type of place.


I dont know that they use any different products or anything so I dont know that it would make a difference as far as coloring brands are concerned.Is getting your hair colored at expensive salon actually any better?
I'm sure you've heard, ';You Get What You Pay For,'; and often times it is true, but there are times and I've done it, when I've payed far less, and gotten the same results. However, it is really up to you, and how much, you are willing to pay. If you've got money to burn, go to an upscale joint. If not, hit the less expensive, places, and more than likely if you go to the right one, you'll be just as satisfied. And have spent, far less money. I'm no professional, but the products tend to be, just as effective. Again, it depends on where you go.
No


The only thing that makes getting ur hair done there more expensive, is the fact that they use Redkin %26amp; Maatrix hair products. (And stuff along those lines)


They sell that stuff @ beauty salon places, like Sally's. If you can find someone to buy them for u, you will save urseld a crap load of money!!
yes
they use the exact same stuff you buy at the store.
Hi. Yes, everything is different. The more expensive the salon, the better quality you get. When my hair was permed, I got blonde highlights at a cheap dominican salon. I paid $40. They put this cap on my head and poked a needle to take out the hair strands to color. Anyway, that was very painful and by the time the color was done, it looked brassy like copper. I wasnt happy, but at least I knew not to do it again.





On my second attempt, I saw a magazine that had JLo's picture, She had different shades of blonde and brown in her hair. I wanted that hair color. She got it done at a hair salon in manhattan (cant remember the name), somewhere on 5th Ave in NYC. So I went there and got the same exact hair color. I felt so pampered. It was $300! But I never regretted it. I was a celebrity for weeks. So that's my answer. You may think its expensive, but they will treat your hair better because youre paying them more for their expertise. Do your info and shop around. If you see a hair color you like, see if you can find the salon that did it and go there. If I went anywhere else, they wouldnt have done it properly. Hope this helps you. God bless.
Yes and no. More expensive salons use more expensive products that may or may not be any better than the cheaper ones. I have a small budget for my hair, and getting it done at an average salon looks just as good as my cousin's $150 color, but some cheaper salons use bad products, so the color turns out bad. It just depends on who your stylist is, and whether the product they are using is a good product
I would say so, bc of the product lines they carry and the expertise in application and knowing the color chemistry. One thing though, I went to a high-end salon where the stylist really screwed up and she had pretended to be a color expert. In some cases such as that, I had better luck at home with Sally Beauty products. I like the Ion Color Brilliance line best. They now also have a semi-permanent hair color which is nice. Check it out.
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment