Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dying Dyed black hair to blonde through a salon?

I've been dying my light brown hair black for a year now. I'm sick of the black hair. I'd like to at least go back to light brown, but would love to go to blonde.





My hairdresser says it will take up to 6 mo. of continous dying it lighter (which also equals lots and lots of money). I know people who have done it much faster.





Does anyone have stories about dying there dark hair to blonde at a hair salon? Does it really damage the hair that much to do it faster? How did it turn out?Dying Dyed black hair to blonde through a salon?
I can't imagine why it would ever take 6 months! Surely your stylist could do a permanent oxidation remover treatment? Which basically means a permanent colour remover without bleach, like color oops and l'oreal color zap, or goldwell systems remover i hear is the best. Aparently they can be hard to do and if messed up can go darker. But your hair is black - and she's a stylist.





After doing that you should be back to roughly your natural colour, and that would be easy to get blonde. Try googling goldwell systems remover, or color oops etc, and learn about them. Besides, i know people who have gone blonde in less than 6 months from black with just bleaching. Its hard, but if you take care it can be done.





My first piece of advise is to start the process immediately, by stop using colour protecting products, and start using clarifying shampoo and conditioner or head%26amp;shoulders. I faded my black hair off so much by putting head%26amp;shoulders on to dry hair and leaving it 10 mins. It itches a little, so don't worry about that if that happens. Head%26amp;shoulders has high levels of sulphates, so will fade it.





Having personally bleached my fringe from faded dark brown (so medium brown) to a yellow-ish colour, then bleaching it 3 months later to a much paler colour, you shouldn't have to wait 6 months. I could have done it sooner really, i was just lazy.Dying Dyed black hair to blonde through a salon?
My friend with light brown hair dyed it black and had that colour for a year, and she has just recentally dyed it blonde again and she did it by herself. It's gone kinda orange so I would say stick with the colour you have.





Oh and also my other friend dyed her hair black and her natural colour was light brown aswell and she went to the salon to get it dyed back to blonde and it cost her 拢150 and after a week the black started to come through again.


x
My sister dyed her hair a week ago and before that she had dyed her hair black last year and has been black for a year she chops and changes every year from black to blonde. Her hair dresser just tinted her hair and applied the bleach and voila it was blonde. But she wasnt happy bcos it came out a sort of orangey colour so the following week she bleached it again and it came out playboy blonde. Just change your hairdresser and tell them this story!!...good luck
  • maybelline foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment