Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How do you paint your nails without painting your finger as well?I don't want to go to a beauty salon...?

I was always wondering how do people paint their nails without ';painting anything else';.For me it never worked out,but I don't want to go to a beauty salon to get the job done.Is there any way to learn how to color your nails well at home?How do you paint your nails without painting your finger as well?I don't want to go to a beauty salon...?
LOL This is a great question! I am always painting my finger along with my fingernails as well, and I feel like such a loser. Surely if other women can do it correctly, why am I making such a mess of my finger nails?





I rarely ever bother with painting my finger nails, though, so I think my mistakes are due to two reasons:





First, even when I wanted to do it, I would rush through it, because I kind of felt like I was wasting my time. This is not something you can rush through, though. If you're going to do it, take the time to do it as accurately as possible. So set aside more time for painting your nails.. not just for the actual painting of your nails, but for letting them dry too.





Secondly, I believe it takes practice, as with anything else.





In the meanwhile, keep a wet papertowel (or something similar) handy so that when you mess up, you can wipe it off rightaway.





Come to think of it, maybe those women who have perfectly painted nails have had to wipe off mistakes too, and you would never know it. :-)How do you paint your nails without painting your finger as well?I don't want to go to a beauty salon...?
I know this had been resolved but if you put vaseline just on your skin around your nail then paint them any nail polish you get on the skin will just wipe off. Tried and true.

Report Abuse



have someone else do it for you
Practice, practice, practice!! I have been painting my nail for 10 years now, and let me tell you I got nail polish everywhere the first time I tried. With a steady hand and some patience you will be painting like a pro in no time. Until then keep a lot of nail polish remover around, and q tips, they can clean up the polish that gets on your fingers without ruining the polish on your nails.
Slowly, Slowly and Slowly.
My Sis told me a secret about that years ago,After painting them,make sure their dry wash your hands in shampoo.Lather scratch paint off your skin around your nails. Don't ever use bath soap on your hands it leaves a film on your fingernails %26amp; dries your cuticals out.
try to focus and dont let the brush touch the side skin. but of you do, water can rinse it. i also do that when i paint my nails but i got help with some people.
just be careful... i never go to the beauty parlor for my nails... i do it myself... and so far... i learned to make it better if not good
well first you need to put a clear coat on . The clear coat makes yOur nails nOt turn yellow Once yOu take the pOlish Off. After that take the coat Of nail pOlish yOu want the best way is tO use yOur Other fingers On the same hand yOur painting spread the skin away frOm the nail. And If yOu have trOuble with staying On yOur nail dOn't put sOme much polish On yOur brush... Then put the tOp cOat On.
Well all you have to do is take it slow...


1. start with shaking the bottle


2. when you paint start painting by your cuticles


(remember take it slow and easy)


3. move your way up to the tip


4. Let dry


5. Repeat step 1-3 for a top coat


(you don't have to)


6. If you still paint out side of your nail than take a Q-tip and nail polish remover and go around your nail to remove what you don't want.





Thats the best advice I can give you....
Practice makes perfect.
  • maybelline foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment