Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do you notice any difference with salon brands vs. store brands of hair products?

Just wondering..I have used both over the years, and quite honestly dont notice a huge difference between the more expensive salon only brands and the less expensive store brands (Loreal, etc.)


Any thoughts, or good brands to try..mostly looking for shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, and mousse.Do you notice any difference with salon brands vs. store brands of hair products?
Pantene ROCKS. I love it. I have used goldwell, joico and a few other salon brands and I think out of them all pantene is the best for my hair, but hairdressers say it is bad and wrecks your hair from the inside out and coats it with silicone which is why it feels so nice and silky. Anyway I use pantene as much as possible.





But you know what sucks, a guy will use any old shampoo ($2) and not condition and they have fantastic hair and I use all kinds of stuff and I still have to be careful of my hair goes all frizzy.Do you notice any difference with salon brands vs. store brands of hair products?
The only place where I have noticed any difference is when it comes to the protector you use on your hair when you straighten it. The chi brand doesn't leave your hair as greasy looking...just nice and shiny.





Anyways, I LOVE Tressemme products, especially the hairspray. It goes on nice and light, but holds really well. It's really important for a hairspray to go on light for me, because a lot of the brands will make my hair curl up when I spray it on. I also like the Pantene and John Freida shampoos and conditioners when it comes to protecting colored hair from fading. They are the only brands I have found that will keep my hair red. With other shampoos, it ends up orange.
Honestly, I have never really noticed alot of difference. Sometimes the expensive salon ones tend to smell better or leave a longer lasting good smell in hair - if that makes sense. I hardly ever use the expensive ones, unless I have been at a salon and they use it on me.





I nomally just buy Suave. I like the ones that have on them ';compare to (insert big brand name)';. Occasionally I will get Pantene if I wanna splurge a little. I buy whatever conditioner smells the best. I don't necessarily have to have them matching.





As for hairspray. I buy whatever is unscented. Usually Suave or White Rain.





I don't use Mousse. So not sure on that one.
Honestly, my old roomie was a hair snob and I would use her stuff on occasion to see what I was missing out on. Most of it I thought made my hair limp and dull. There are several I like and I try to switch every few months because it is like my hair builds up an immunity to one. I rotate between Pantene Pro V, Brilliant Brunette, and Garnier Fructis.





Hairspray I use Pantene or Finess. I don't use mousse.
dove energize shampoo and conditioner


say yes to carrots shampoo and conditioner


these are products that you can get at any drugstore or market they are my two tried and true and they work amazing I also use head and sholders cooling at least once a week!





The only difference I notice in my hair is when my stylist does it of course she does it way better than me!
Jili take it from me..over the years I have tried practically Every hair care product known to man...from the cheapest to the most expensive and I found that the very best is Pantene Products, the whole line...my hair looks and feels great with this line from what I'm told the ingredient Panthenol seems to work on pretty much any type of hair! I like it.
I like Matrix Sleek Looks. You have to buy it from a salon, but it isn't too pricey. But I also have naturally curly hair that I straighten almost daily...so I do a lot of damage to it. If you're easy on your hair I'm sure a good drug store clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner would cut it.
Sorry Walt, your testicles have just been revoked.





Suave all the way for me. When I get home I'll tell you what my wife uses.





Walt, you have redeemed yourself, as your comments remind me back to a time when I had a very hot young lady who cut my hair. She had to lean over me, and stick certain things right in my face while she worked.





Good times.





Also, my hair doesn't seem to need much special attention, dish soap would probably be fine for it!
Into a little aromatherapy to Jil ?





Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint shampoo and conditioner.





Good stuff. A little goes a long way and it does an ';excellent'; job.





PLUS...it smells good too !





I know... a straight guy talking about hair...don't say it.








ADAM: Suave is gay. You might as well use dishwasher soap.





Afterall if it was good enough for this really hot stylist I knew...


damn...I miss her. Free cuts tied down to a dining room chair.








Aveda works really well to but that stuff is SPENDY.
Pantene Pro-V is my best friend when it comes to shampoo %26amp; conditioner. I just love how my hair feels after using it...so soft! As for hair spray, I just use Suave. Pretty cheap but works great and has a nice smell.
Honestly, not a dang difference at all. I even use plain old olive oil as a deep conditioner because it works BETTER then all those fancy hot oil treatments.





I usually buy brands like Pantene or Herbal Essences.
It all depends on your hair type.


Unless you have course, dry, and/or processed hair, store brands are usually sufficient.
no big difference in my opinion. im using the equivalent to garnier fructose and its great.
I adore tressme and it is soooo affordable. mouse and other stuff you should get salon. except for mouse, herbal essences.
I only use the cheap store brands and they keep my hair looking sexy.
I wash my hair with baking soda. True story. It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment